This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Suppressing -1527 and -6122 warnings

4 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:28

I have a merge module that calls some external custom actions. It doesn't install any files, and I don't necessarily want it to. When I build now, obviously I get the -1527 (No files in project) and the -6122 (no components included in the build).

I know there's a way to get rid of these warnings because I compiled another msm (build in Wise) without files and components and no warnings showed up. How can I suppress these warnings?

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 16:57

So you converted this Wise MSM to a InstallShield Merge Module project (.ism) - not opened the .msm in Direct Edit mode?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 16:58

BTW sometimes it make sense to add a "dummy" component that you can sue to condition your custom action (run it only when the associated feature is selected, don't run when the feature is removed or when the product is uninstalled and the like)

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 00:47

I actually did open it in Direct Edit mode. Is that a no-no?

Thanks for the suggestion of adding a dummy component. I assume that you mean adding the CA to the original Basic MSI project because you're talking about features. (Merge modules don't have features, do they?)

My original thought process was that I wanted to make a merge module with this custom action so that it would be very easy to just add the MM to whatever project and get the desired results of it. (Basically I run some Installscript code to get localized strings of well-known Windows accounts and set some properties.)

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 21:30

I actually did open it in Direct Edit mode. Is that a no-no?
It's okay, but this doesn't generate a project file, so there's nothing to compile. The changes are saved directly in the .msm file.

Thanks for the suggestion of adding a dummy component. I assume that you mean adding the CA to the original Basic MSI project because you're talking about features. (Merge modules don't have features, do they?)
Sorry, what I wrote was confusing. My suggestion is: add a component to your msm. Condition your custom action (in the ModuleInstallExecuteSequence) based on the requested action for that component. Now your custom action will only execute if the Feature (in the MSI) to which you connected your MSM is selected.