This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1334

1 reply to this topic

Luis Gomes

Luis Gomes
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 02:52

Has anyone had any experience with 1334? It seems to be new for MSI v. 2.0, and it's described as:
---------------
The file '[2]' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file '[3]'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
---------------

I hit it every time, while attempting to apply a patch. It's complaying about the .cab containing the original source, but all independent verifications (outside of msiexec) indicate that there's nothing wrong with the .cab and that it certainly contains all the files that should be there.

The logs show that the first four reads from the .cab are successful, but then it starts hitting this error. After a few attempts with different files, the error eventually becomes fatal, presumably when it fails for a key file of a component.

I'm kind of baffled. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

- luis

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 20:06

Luis,

I struggled with this one as well.  After much frustration I rebuilt the install through the Release Wizard giving it a new release name and the problem went away.

Good Luck