This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1328 patching

2 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 12:54

Im installing my original product.  I create quickpatch replacing two versioned .exe's.  No problems.

I apply my servicepack (minor upgrade) and get:

Product: MyProduct -- Error 1328.Error applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PT2EAE.tmp.  It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.  For more information contact your patch vendor.  System Error: -1072807676

The fix in the quickpatch was an interim fix, which I thought was the purpose of quickpatches, in my minor upgrade the .exe is not the same is this what is causing the problem.

I am using MSI 2.0 but I cant seem to patch a patch.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:30

Stefan -

The Bugs bulletin section describes this problem supposedly fixed in Msi 2.0 but this do not appear to be the case.  Do you have any experience in this?

Error 1328 When Applying a Patch
Description:
When applying a patch, you may get Error 1328. This happens if you install more than 2 incremental patches, that is, patches that don't remove the previous patch using the ListOfPatchGUIDsToReplace property on the Patch Package to remove the previously released patch transform.
Workarounds:
Since ignoring the 1328 message allows the patch to complete successfully, it is possible to set up an external UI handler to ignore this specific error message. This can be done in an bootstrapper program which calls the patch.
Microsoft confirmed that this is a bug in Windows Installer versions including 1.2. It should be fixed in version 2.0 (not verified yet).

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:44

Are you using the correct version relationship for all your patches (=) ? If you include complete files instead of binary differences, does that avoid the problem?