This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Refresh Values

4 replies to this topic

Madhu

Madhu
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 16:47

I have a custom Dialog in which I have an Edit Box and a Refresh Button, apart from the Next and Back buttons.  When I click the Refresh button a process behind tje scene is changing the value of the Property, but the same is not reflected on the screen.  The value is refreshed Only If I go back a dialog and come back to my custom dialog.  The name of the property is in all CAPS.  Any suggestions will be gladly accepted.

Art McKendry

Art McKendry
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 23:03

Interresting.  I don't see a dialog refresh method either.  Try adding a NewDialog Action to the same Refresh Push Button that does the behind the scene stuff and have it reload the same dialog..

Bertrand

Bertrand
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 13:45

Hi,

sorry to do so, but I will say that it won't work.

I had the same problem, having a list to be refreshed.
I 've tried the unload-relaod trick. And it causes an internal error. A dialog can't re-open itself (even if you include a 'enddialog' before).

The solution may be to insert a intermediate window :

Window to be refreshed -> intermediate window -> window refreshed

But it's getting to hairy for the project, and I didn't test it.

Regards.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 13:57

Actually the trick is to copy the dialog (i.e. you now have to identically looking dialogs). Now you can switch between them, without the need for an internediate dialog that might irritate the user.