This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Best way to handel DOTNET

1 reply to this topic

pshore

pshore
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 21:01

I am using InstallShield Pro X SP1 and am building the install for an application which requires the DOT NET Framework 1.1. If I add the Framework as a merge module and include it in the setup.exe I have no choice but to go through the prompted install (this works but is not something I really want to present to the end users). The check box to turn this off is greyed out and unaccessable since install of SP1. This leads me to think that the best thing to do is creat a prerequisite (.prq) for the frame work. Does anyone have any advice or input on this? Perhaps even a prq file already built? Thanks in advance for helping somone in a little over their head.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:49

From the help file:
Since Microsoft licensing requirements for distribution of .NET Framework version 1.1 require that the full user interface be displayed, this check box is not available for .NET Framework version 1.1.