This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Enable Button

2 replies to this topic

tlphillips

tlphillips
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 21:17

Ok, I know similar things have been addressed here, but I didn't see anything that was applicable to my situation.

Scenario:  Enable a Next button when property SQLLOGIN = 1.  SQLLOGIN is set to 1 ior 0 in a custom action that is executed by clicking the Login button on the same dialog.

Implementation:  

Next button has 2 entries in the ControlCondition table, these are:
MyDialog | Next | Disable | SQLLOGIN=0
MyDialog | Next | Enable | SQLLOGIN=1

Login button executes a custom action with embedded VBS with the following code:
Session.Property("SQLLOGIN")="1"
msgbox Session.Property("SQLLOGIN")
(Note: I tried 1 without the quotes but get an execution error.)  

Results:  The next button is disabled when the dialog appears.  When the Login button is clicked, a message box appears showing that the value of the SQLLOGIN property has been set to 1, but the next button is not enabled.

Question:  Why doesn't this work?!  Should I subscribe the next button to some event?  If so, which one?

Any help is greatly appeciated.

-Lee

gunaveluj

gunaveluj
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2002 - 17:06

You have the answer within your question.

Replace
MyDialog | Next | Disable | SQLLOGIN=0
MyDialog | Next | Enable | SQLLOGIN=1
with
MyDialog | Next | Disable | SQLLOGIN="0"
MyDialog | Next | Enable | SQLLOGIN="1"

tlphillips

tlphillips
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 18:28

Thanks for the answer, but that didn't work.  I'd actually already tried that configuration without success but left it out of the original post because it was lengthy enough as it was. :)