This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Own Files are Shared

1 reply to this topic

jverne

jverne
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 16:54

Does anyone know why objects installed to your own TARGETDIR are being caught as "shared" on uninstall. For example, I have a .url file in a documentation subdir that I know for certain nobody is "sharing". I'd rather simply fix why OnRemovingSharedFile() is being called for this file.

The file in question has not even been opened up -- I can duplicate by installing and then immediately uninstalling -- so I don't see how there could be some Explorer hook at play here.

At any rate, the files that are triggering the sharing exception are almost always in the TARGETDIR, never changed, and never opened. Somehow the uninstall process is seeing plain text files in the TARGETDIR as shared.

Edited by jverne, 14 April 2005 - 16:54.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 00:49

Well I split this reply from the original topic because you're better off having your own post.

In any case, whether or not the file has been opened in Explorer doesn't have any bearing on its shared status.

Instead, check the properties of the affected file groups, to make sure their Shared property is set to No.
user posted image