This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

atl.dll error after migrating to InstallShield X

4 replies to this topic

slescure

slescure
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:42

I just migrated to InstallShield X from InstallShield 7.

I've got a merge module project that depends on the ATL.msm merge module. This was running fine when I was compiling my merge module with InstallShield 7. Now that I have migrated and compiled with InstallShield X, every single installation I run triggers an error stating that the atl.dll file is used by the system!... I'm certain the OS is exactly the same than the one I was using with the previous merge module since we are using Norton Ghost to ensure our tests run on the same starting configuration.

Thanks for your help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:51

Moving question to the MSI forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:53

ATL.DLL may be a different version. Microsoft released a few updated merge modules that are known to cause this kind of problem, maybe InstallShield X includes this newer version.

slescure

slescure
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 17:13

Thanks for your answer, but the Merge Module I'm using is the same one as before.

We are using ClearCase for controlling our sources and my InstallShield softwares (7 and X) are pointing in one of our directory under ClearCase for getting their merge modules. I can see in InstallShield X that it is using the ATL.msm under ClearCase...

ober

ober
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 22:04

Hello,
atl.dll download chick here wink.gif
Easy come