This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

silent installs - different setup types

2 replies to this topic

ramaswamy

ramaswamy
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 18:29

Hi,

I have 3 different setup types in my installer. There is some chnages to the dialog boxes displayed based on the setup types. I am using SdsetuptypeEx function during recording the setup. The problem is while recording the input is read from the input file properly, during playback although the playback values seems to be fine, the components that are installed are from the last setup type that is displayed in the "setup" component pane. Any idea how to solve this problem ?

1. should I record the installer for different setup types - each time, I change the installer
2. Is there any other alternative to this ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 20:42

Wow, I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to say here, but I think I got it.

Now I only messed around with SdSetupTypeEx for a little while before moving to AskOptions, but I think even with the former you need to make a call to ComponentSetupTypeSet.  Try this and re-run your setup as if it's a fresh install.
user posted image

ramaswamy

ramaswamy
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 18:31

Thanks that worked !!