This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

some components not being pushed, local is fine

3 replies to this topic

bsutherland

bsutherland
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 21:02

I have been given an existing install that I had to add a few minor things to. One of these minor things was to make this a patch as well as a standalone install. So I put a major upgrade item for the "products sharing my upgrade code", and it seems all fine when running it with local installs. However, I have 2 components that install files to SystemFolder, that are not getting installed now, as well as a few components that only install some registry settings, that aren't getting set after the push.

Like I said, everything is good to go on a local install over an older version, but doing the push just doesnt want to work for me. The files that are in targetdir, and commonfiles are getting installed just fine, but the SystemFolder and the registry settings aren't working. I have the upgrade set to uninstall the old product before installing the new one, and have migrate feature sets set to no.

I'm totally up against the wall right now, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

~Brian

(using IS 10.5)

Edited by bsutherland, 27 July 2005 - 21:03.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 14:06

What do you mean by "push"?

bsutherland

bsutherland
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 20:43

Sorry, an Active Directory push. I've been in contact with IS support as well, but haven't been able to get any answers back from them yet.

Looking at the MSI log created from the "voicewarmup" registry Logging key, and then putting that into WiLogUtil.exe, it's showing 2 Features, both named the same. However, in the project there is only 1 feature. Also, each of the components are being listed twice, which the IS support guy said he had never seen before. However, I figured it may be worth a shot adding this info here just in case someone else out there has seen this and was able to fix it.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 16:28

You cannot push InstalLScript MSI based setup through active directory because the msi fiel doesn't ru on its own. InstallScript MSI projects need to be launched by calling setup.exe.