This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Instaler service wont start!  :-(

3 replies to this topic

Nobber

Nobber
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 15:00

Hiya,

Ok first things first I am a noob to the forum, so thanks for having me along and hopefully someone can help!

After doing a Windows Update on one of my Windows 2000 servers the Windows Install service wouldnt start.  I know Windows Update probably wasnt a good idea, but I was bored with nothing else to do so thought I would give it a go!

When it attempts to start using the localsystem account I get an access denied error.

When I attempt to start is using the Administrator account for the domain, I get a different error.  But nothing in Event viewer.  :-(

I put SP3 on that didnt fix it.  So i followed some instructions from doing a search on google about registering and unregistering things.  That didnt work either.

Now I cant seem to do anything!

Please help!

Cheers

Paul

P.S. I know my explanation is lame, maybe someone could ask me some questions and I find out the answers!

Nobber

Nobber
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:22

/e Starts to cry thinking what he will have to do to sort this mess out! :(
=======================================
Remember:  

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
=======================================

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 15:38

You could unregister and re-register the installer service (I believe there's KB article about this).

Philip

Philip
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 22:09

also see MS KB Q324631, Q324906