This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Minor Updates

2 replies to this topic

ktbrownusa

ktbrownusa
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 16:33

I have created a minor version upgrade so I can patch my current version in the field. I was having some version problems where developers did not update thier version assemblies. After they incremented them, all but one assembly fails to update properly.
The exact error is as follows:
Val0003: This setup will perform a MINOR upgrade of the referenced previous setup c:\views\lmarasciulo_avatar_view\avatar\installation\dtii\dtii\release 1.0\diskimages\disk1\digital technician ii.msi
Val0010: The data in component 'GDRunTime.dll' differs from the previous setup. However, this component will not reinstall in an upgrade scenario. Therefore, the changes will not be applied to the target system during the upgrade. Table: 'MsiAssemblyName' Record: 'GDRunTime.dll;Version;1.1.11.0' c:\views\lmarasciulo_avatar_view\avatar\installation\dtii\dtii\release 1.0\diskimages\disk1\digital technician ii.msi
Val0010: The data in component 'GDRunTime.dll' differs from the previous setup. However, this component will not reinstall in an upgrade scenario. Therefore, the changes will not be applied to the target system during the upgrade. Table: 'MsiAssemblyName' Record: 'GDRunTime.dll;FileVersion;1.1.11.0' c:\views\lmarasciulo_avatar_view\avatar\installation\dtii\dtii\release 1.0\diskimages\disk1\digital technician ii.msi
Setup.exe created

The previous version of GDRuntime.dll is 1.1.7.0. I have looked in both the expanded msi extraction of the files as well as the MSI itself in the MsiAssemblyName table. It reflects the earlier version.
It is it's own keyfile and .Net Scan at build is set to Dependencies and Properties.
Is there anything else that could be causing this issue? What else should I check?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 16:45

So you are saying the tables in the new msi still show the old version number, not the correct new version? I think there was a bug in some INstallShield version related to assembly versions. Do you have all hotfixes installed?

ktbrownusa

ktbrownusa
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 16:52

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The version in the new msi is correct. I meant to say that the version in the old MSI is the older version, which is correct.
I am currently running Version 12 Service Pack 2. I have not installed any hotfixes.