This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Customization with Dot Net ?

2 replies to this topic

Garg

Garg
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 13:55

Hi,

I need to develop my own look and feel installation with Dot Net. So, my question is : is it possible ? wink.gif

It is seems to have some API to do this like Installer or AssemblyInstaller classes but i haven't found any sample.

I just need to find a method to populate msi database with some informations like Install directory for example but don't find any documentation about databases structure and field to populate.

Can some one help me ?

Thx

Edited by Garg, 02 April 2004 - 13:56.

Fred CHASSAGNE aka 'Garg'
DeltaMu Conseil

balazs

balazs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 15:22

Hello,

I don't realy understand what you're trying to achieve.

There is the Windows Installer Object Library. Try to use that if you want to edit or create your msi.

If you need the Installer object then I could support you with the following example (C#):

using System;
using WindowsInstaller;

namespace WindowsInstallerSample
{
public class InstallerAPI
{
public InstallerAPI{
WindowsInstaller.Installer Installer = new WindowsInstallerClass() as Installer;
}
}

[ComImport, Guid("000c1090-0000-0000-c000-000000000046")]
internal class WindowsInstallerClass{}
}

Hope it helps,

Balazs

svendb

svendb
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 14:16

Sorry for reviving this old topic, but I'm trying to accomplish exactly the same, but something seems to go wrong.

I can create & compile the project, but whenever I try to run it I get the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000C1092-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Error 80040154 translates to 'Class not registered'.

Has any any idea what I'm missing here?

Sven