This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Replacing a binary in a .msi package

1 reply to this topic

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 14:47

Hello.
Can anybody tell me if it is possible (and how) to replace one file in an already created .msi package with some tool without InstallShield or Wise - let's say using some command line tool:
I have a package called InstallMe.msi and inside is a file file1.exe. I have a new version of this file (file1.exe) and I want to replace the old file with this new version - just binary replacement. If I open InstallMe.msi with Orca or IS I cannot do a replacement sad.gif .

Thanks in advance
Andreo

Andreo

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:43

Andreo, Try and remember to post answers which you have received on other forums here so that others can benefit. Nick details the steps here. The solution noted includes applying a patch but you would simply omit that stage.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.