This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Getting Environment Variables

1 reply to this topic

jdm

jdm
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 14:40

An installation that I am writing requires me to use 2 system environment values: HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH, so I've written some Installscript to get the values from the environment and set the values to MSI Properties.

This works perfectly on my XP Professional development and test systems, but when I run the same MSI on a Windows 2003 server, the values come back empty. I've check the server's environment and the values are there and populated.

Further, if I place the Installscript custom action in the UI sequence, the values are returned. It is when I run the custom action in the Execute sequence that the values are empty.

One last bit of information. When the script is run in the Execute sequence, many of the environment variable values are returned correctly (example: logonserver, number_of_processors, OS, Path, PathExt, PROGRAMFILES, SystemDrive, SystemRoot, USERDOMAIN, USERNAME, USERPROFILE, WINDIR, etc.), but HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH are returned with no value.

Any idea why I'm unable to get these values from the 2003 server?
Death is conquered while you slumber
Seven is the perfect number

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:34

Have u generated log file while installation? Can you check the log file that , what value are passing for those parameters....