This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade fails.

2 replies to this topic

ashwin

ashwin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 22:23

Hi,

I have created a major upgrade. The upgrade table has two entries. One entry to check if an older product is installed. And another to check if the newer version of the product already exists. For some reason when I try to upgrade, FindRelatedProducts action populates the ActionProperty which should be populated in case if new version was found, though the version on the upgrade image is higher. Trying to track this problem I found this entry in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\[Guid] which has version entry. When I installed the Major upgrade on a clean system. The version entry under the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\[Guid] is lower than the version of the older application. That is the reason when I am trying to upgrade to the newer version, it is populated the Action Property NEWAPPFOUND. Can someone tell why is this happening?

Thank you in advance.
Ashwin.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:10

I am a bit confused with your post.

Maybe run the install with verbose logging, and see what each different upgrade scenario find according to the log.

Also check to see that your upgrade table has the correct attributes for the logic you require.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:28

To get more info about currently installed software, take a look at the sample script WiLstPrd.vbs. It is included in the platform SDK, in:
\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Samples\SysMgmt\Msi\Scripts