This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

uninstall old IS6 project on  install of IS7 proj

5 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 21:54

big problem.

I upgraded to installshield 7 developer, and i attepted to transfer the old GUI ID of my old project in IS6 to the IS7 so that it would uninstall the old version upon install of the new version. Well all it did was install a second copy of the product and breaking alot of the pieces in teh overwrite. Now there are 2 things in addremove programs - 1 is broken and no longer works and 1 is new and has some issues.

Has anyone had to do this?
can i get the new IS7 to run the uninstall for the old program via Installscript or anything?

Installshield had to have thought of this when the made this new product.

I need help asap as all hell is breaking lose here.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 22:05

You would have to do this in your script: get the old (IS6) uninstall registry entry, and run the uninstaller using LaunchAppAndWait.

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 23:00

right, but how do i do that?

get the old (IS6) uninstall registry entry  --- you mean the GUID?

and run the uninstaller using LaunchAppAndWait.--- whats the uninstaller command or how do i launch it with its paramaters.

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 00:05

ok i got the uninstall string

where do i put launchappandwait in the installscript ?

This is the line i have:

LaunchAppAndWait  ( "RunDll32",  "C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup, C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{6081F062-6A4A-4C62-A0EF-B1F64C60898B}\\setup.exe" , WAIT);

does that look right?

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 21:56

anyone?

mgrove

mgrove
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 17:28