This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Software upgrade user message "The setup will perform a upgrade of

2 replies to this topic

ArpiteeSingh

ArpiteeSingh
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 17:40

Hi,

I need to change my Software upgrade user message "The setup will perform a upgrade of '[productname]' wizard " to "The setup will perform a upgrade of  [productname]' wizard from '[old version]' to [new version]'.

I figured out this dialog is displayed by the setup.exe launcher, not by Windows Installer. It is taken from the language file (0x0409.ini for English) that's copied to the disk image when you build your release. You can edit it either there (eah time you built your release) or modify the template in theSupport subfolder of your InstallShield program folder (which will globally affect all setups you build on that machine) (info from one of your answers)

1128=This setup will perform an upgrade of '%s'. Do you want to continue? 
change above to 
1128=This setup will perform an upgrade of '%s' from '%r' to '%q'. Do you want to continue? 

But I do not know how do i feed '%r' and '%q' to language file.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 16:23

%s stands for "string" and is a placeholöder that the setup.exe will automatically replace with the product name. It doesn't have functionality to automatically fill in other data such as version numbers. You would have to create your own launcher for this.

ArpiteeSingh

ArpiteeSingh
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:06

Thanks for the help.

It will be great if you can guide me to any reference or link to create my own launcher for the above mentioned issue.