This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Newbie questions...

4 replies to this topic

snively

snively
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 23:05

I have authored several installers in InstallShield 5.5 and I'm hitting a few hurdles making the transition to X. I have a few question for the masters out there:

I created a dialog using checkbox controls. I want to be able to disable a couple of them if it is not a server install. Can I set a control attribute using InstallScript - is there something like MsiSetProperty()? I would also like to set a controls attribute depending on a previous dialog selection - how is this done?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the 'features' concept. Are these the same as 'components' in IS5.5? If I allow the user to choose an install type, how can I set which features/components(???) get installed depending on thier selections. In IS5.5 I used ComponentSelectItem() in ProcessBeforeMove() to set which components are selected during the install. Is there a similar way to do this in ISX?

More to follow

Muchas Gracias!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:50

What project type are you actually using in InstallShield X?
Yes, Features are beasically the same that Components used to be in InstallShield 5. The have been renamed to comply with Micosoft's terminology.

snively

snively
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 16:54

Vielen Dank Stefan for your response. I'm using a basic MSI project.

If you would be so kind as to also describe the difference between Package Code, Product Code and Upgrade Code; and when they should be changed???

Ich liebe Ihre Website! smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:08

To disable a control: in Dialog Editor, select the dialog, go to the Behaviour node, select the Conditions tab. There you can specify condition to enable, disable, show, or hide the control. You can base the condition on a property that is set previously.

For information about the codes see this article:
http://www.installsi...00012/index.htm

snively

snively
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 17:36

Roger that

Thanks!