This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installtion fails

3 replies to this topic

rashrao

rashrao
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 07:53

Hi,

i have built a InstallScript MSI project using InstallSheildX Premier Edition Ver 10. I did not get any errors while building.
But, when i run the setup.exe, the setup is fine till copying files- at this point it terminates giving the following error

"1628: Failed to complete installation"

One or more of my folder levels is 12+, once i remove this folder Java & itz sub folders,then compile & build the setup. Then installation works fine.

I have tried all the other options given in the following url for the above error

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q107319

Eg:
C:\Program Files\WebServer6.1\plugins\java\samples\webapps\i18n\src\samples\i18n\simple\servlet\samplebean

C:\Program Files\WebServer6.1\plugins\java\samples\webapps\jdbc\simple\src\samples\jdbc\simple\servlet

C:\Program Files\WebServer6.1\plugins\java\samples\webapps\security\jdbcrealm\src\samples\security\jdbcrealm

I want to know if there is a limitation on the number of levels WRT to folders ?

-Rashmi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:02

A verbose log file might give additional clues.
Yes, I believe there is a limit on the folder depth you can install, but I'm not sur eif its documented anywhere.

rashrao

rashrao
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:05

Thanks for the information

I have attached the run time log file with this reply

hope it will throw some light on my problem

-rashmi smile.gif

Attached Files

vishnub

vishnub
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 17:38

Hi,

The error occurs because of the Bug in InstallShield x. Download and install SP1,
it will clear that error.

1-O49KG
Run-time error 1628 no longer occurs during file transfer when an InstallScript MSI installation is attempting to install a deep folder structure.

I got the same error and one of the InstallShield user helped me in solving this issue.

Regards,
Vishnu rolleyes.gif