This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Editing CAB files

6 replies to this topic

RichardB

RichardB
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 10:32

We have had our software and installation translated, and the instalation has been generated by the translating company, but they have included the wrong version of one the files.
Is there any tool that will allow us to remove the wrong version from the CAB file, and put the correct version in the CAB file in it's place? Both files have the same name so that side of things shouldn't need changing.

SteveDu

SteveDu
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 04:24

That's impossiable, InstallShield CAB files' format are different from Microsoft Standard CAB files, so there's no way to edit it.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 08:48

Later versions of IS5 include a command line tool to update CAB files in InstallShield format (iscab.exe)

RichardB

RichardB
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 08:54

I found, and have tried ISCAB.
I could get the list of contents without problem, but when I tried to remove the offending file it died with an error:

G:\temp>iscab data1.cab -id1.ini -r

Error:  Internal error in file DiskImage.cpp, line: 35
The system cannot find the path specified.

This was trying to edit a German CAB file with ISCAB from the English version. Are they language coded?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 12:24

Have you tried with an absolute path to d1.ini?

RichardB

RichardB
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 12:49

I found that iscab.exe would work if I ran it when in the installshield programs directory, and referred to all other files by full path.
Many thanks for your help.