This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Insert Dialog in sequence (newbie)

4 replies to this topic

e13collier

e13collier
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 15:39

Insert Dialog in sequence (newbie)

ISDev 7.04
Basic MSI
How to - Insert Dialog between ReadyToInstall Dialog and SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog.

I am attempting to insert an information dialog (MyInfo Dialog)that will always show on install, and will show immediately before the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog and after the ReadyToInstall Dialog.  

I have tried to insert MyInfo Dialog in the User Interface sequence with the Sequence Num of -1, and then navigate to SetupCompleteSuccess from MyInfo.  This works, but only on install.  I end up loosing MyInfo and SetupCompleteSuccess on any other action; modify, repair, uninstall.

If MyInfo is removed and SetupCompleteSuccess is placed back into sequence with the Sequence Num of -1, the install behaves as expected.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.  :)

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 08:44

You mean when the install is acutally executing, and install the files?
if so, you may need change the SetupCompleteSuccess sequence in your interface sequnce to not be -1, and change your to be -1. You can then setup your next button to go to SetupCompleteSuccess after this.

e13collier

e13collier
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 16:54

Reply to luke_s

>>You mean when the install is acutally executing, and install the files?

Yes.  When I install, if my custom dialog is -1 and the next button navigates properly to SetupCompleteSuccess, the dialogs only appear in the original Install sequence only.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 00:26

If I am reading correctly, the 'Next' button will not go to your custom dialog. The next button always operates of the conditions and sequences that you add to it.

If you have a -1 set for your dialog, this will only appear when you install has finished.

e13collier

e13collier
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 13:17

>If I am reading correctly, the 'Next' button will not go to >your custom dialog. The next button always operates of the >conditions and sequences that you add to it.

Yes and no.  <g>  The 'Next" button is on my custom dialog.  It's action is to spawn the SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog.  

>If you have a -1 set for your dialog, this will only appear >when you install has finished.

I do have -1 set for my custom dialog.  It does appear when the install finishes, but only on the initial install.  So, I will get when running the install for the first time 1. custom dialog, 2. click 'Next', 3. SetupCompleteSuccess.  This is great, it's what I want, but on subsequent installs, repair, modify, etc.  The above sequence is totally skipped.