This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

file transfer stuck because of DWHWIZRD

4 replies to this topic

omriz

omriz
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:50

i have a problem: the file transfer sometimes get stuck at the end of it's process. when i kill the DWHWIZRD process it continues and finish ok. i tried killing this process in the script but it keeps running over and over again. plese help

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:23

Do you have update notification enabled in this project? Is the target machine connected to the internet?

omriz

omriz
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 15:45

updating is disabled in this project, and yes the destination computer might be connected to the net. when testing the project on many different machines the project is functioning well most of the time.
on certain machines thow the problem is cosistent - when running ghost an then rerunning the installation, it will happen.
i should mention that in our company we have a norton av running on the net and not localy, can this make a difference?
also, so far the product was installed on hundreds of machines with no problems, but i fear that one day it will occur on a clients machine.

thanx for ur reply.

omriz

omriz
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 15:51

i forgot to mention: the reason that i mentioned norton av is that after searching the web i foun out that the DWHWIZRD is a process of norton av that runs after updating virus definition. the process is supposed to go over the quarantined files.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:40

So this means a Norton file on these computers hangs? In this case I'd suggest you contact Norton for assistance.