This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript - Direct Editor question

5 replies to this topic

bhagelin

bhagelin
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 19:53

I've been told that pure InstallScript projects do not use MSI. If this is the case, then why is there a "Direct Editor" in InstallScript projects that allows you to access and edit MSI-type tables?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 15:03

That is correct. But the project settings in the project file are stored in the same way as in MSI projects. InstalLScript projects have inherited the project file format from MSI projects.

bhagelin

bhagelin
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 16:24

I see, then would it be possible to change a value that is represented by the Direct Editor tables in order to enable/disable a dialog control at runtime?

More specifically, in the "Control" table chaning the attributes value from 1 to 3 enables a control.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 18:01

No because at runtime that project file isn't there anymore. Instead you have your compiled script, and a DLL with the dialog resources. You have to call script functions for this, or use a Basic MSI project instead.

bhagelin

bhagelin
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 22:05

Understood -- then I take it that there is no script function that will allow me to enable/disable a control?

Thank you for the information you've provided.

bhagelin

bhagelin
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 21:57

Solution (place in case DLG_INIT: of dialog's code):

CODE
hwndDlg = CmdGetHwndDlg (DLG_SQLSELECTLOGIN);
_WinSubEnableControl (hwndDlg, CONTROL_NAME, 0);        

0 - disables control
1 - enables control