This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Condition for Feature

5 replies to this topic

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 15:48

Hello,

I have few features which should be installed depending upon the user's choice. I have prepared one custom dialog box with three options. I have created RadioButtonGroup with its property in capital letters so that it can be global (XOPTIONS). Now I am setting value for this property depending upon the user's selection of RadioButton.

1st Radio Button -> value sets to "XM"
2nd Radio Button -> value sets to "XC"
3rd Radio Button -> value sets to "XV"

Now in Features, I set install level of features to 150. and in condition I wrote

level          condition
50               XOPTIONS="XC"

Similarly for other features which requires "XV" or "XM" value. I have placed my dialog box as follows"

Installwelcome -> my dialog -> ready to install.

But this doesnt work. If I use the conditions from the condition builder (say for example version9x <= 500) it works fine. For my custom property it isnot working. Can any one help ?

Thanks,
Devang

(Edited by Devang Parmar at 3:55 pm on Aug. 16, 2001)

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 16:56

Features are selected during the costing process.  Changing the values for your condtions will not make any difference unless the dialog is before costing.

There is another way to select features.   There are control events ADDLOCAL and REMOVE which will allow you to control which features are installed or not.

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 10:57

Hello Ian,

The default sequence of dialog boxes are

install welcom -> setup type -> custom setup -> readytoinstall.

Now this works fine if you modify the features you want to install or not want to install.

Now I am adding my custom dialog box, in which i want to change the install level of features as discussed above, in place of default custom setup then why is it not working ?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 15:42

The conditions are install level are applied one time only in th , during the costing operations. (actually twice, costing is done in the user and execute sequences).

You dialog sequence is starting after CostFinalize.  Nothing you do with the InstallLevel or condtions in the feature table will make the slightest difference.

Solution 1.
Use ADDLOCAL and REMOVE to program selection of features.

Solution 2.
Move some of your dialog sequence before costing.  (The problem wiht this approach is you can not use the back button to get back from custom setup->setup type.)  (CustomSetup and ADDLOCAL/REMOVE must be after costing)

Devang Parmar

Devang Parmar
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2001 - 14:52

Hi Ian,

Thank You very much. It works now. I used ADD LOCAL in my installation kit. But still it is not perfect. After installing my software using custom install option to choose another component to install additionally. Now when I remove one of the file after installation, and select repair it repairs only the basic installation and not the additional component which I installed.

Devang.