This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ActiveX controll problem

1 reply to this topic

stranger

stranger
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 14:13

Hi,

I have app with view based on flexgrid. It's workin well on computers with installed Visual C++, where it isn't control isn't appear (it isn't created after call Create function - pointer is NULL). Basically it isn't working on computers with Win95 system.

Creation install program with installshield isn't working too, hand registering control with rersvr32 isn't working too.

Does anyone have suggestion why it isnt working on Win95 machines? Does this control works on win98 at all?

please help me,

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 15:32

Greetings stranger,

I would be about 95% sure that you are not including a dependency file for the flexgrid control to work on the older Win9x systems.  The example I like to use is trying to hand register msxml4.dll on win95.  You will get an error similar to "Load Library failed 0x08002003 blah blah blah.  After placing a copy of msxml4a.dll on the machine as well everything is a success.  If you are not already installing this file using a Merge Module I would suggest doing so.  Upon viewing the .msm in Orca I noticed it has dependencies on oleaut32.dll and comcat.dll.  If the Merge Module doesn't work for ya you may want to check out the Microsoft KBase (bleh) for additional information.  Maybe the Microsoft Dll Help Database will provide some insight as to supported platforms.

Good Luck

Kurt Schneider