This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Use properties set with CA in execute sequence in InstallScript UI

Best Answer Stefan Krueger , 09 April 2014 - 11:57

Property changes in the Execute sequence are not copied back to the UI sequence. This is a Windows Installer limitation. You could store the value elsewhere (temporary file, registry) and read it in UI sequence.

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

fegorsch

fegorsch
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 15:46

Hi,

I'm setting a property with a "Set Property" Custom Action during the execute sequence. I confirmed that this works fine by looking at the log. I now want to use this property at the end of the UI sequence, specifically in the "OnFirstUIBefore" function of the InstallScript for the UI. Using MsiGetProperty there just returns the default value of the property and NOT the value I set with the afore mentioned Custom Action during the execute sequence.

Can anyone explain to me what causes this behaviour and how I could solve the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Felix

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:57   Best Answer

Property changes in the Execute sequence are not copied back to the UI sequence. This is a Windows Installer limitation. You could store the value elsewhere (temporary file, registry) and read it in UI sequence.