This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

command line build error

1 reply to this topic

steve9k

steve9k
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 22:03

I am using the command line build feature (to automate my builds) and have run into the following roadblock. I get this error message during the build:

ERROR: Wizard bean place holders must be resolved before building

However I do not get this error if I build the same project from the GUI. I'm stumped -- what does it want? Is there a workaround?

josh

josh
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 17:18

You must somehow  be using a different classpath for your command line builds than you are using for your IDE builds.  

In otherwords,  somehow  when you launch ISMP from the command line, you are getting a different class path than when you launch the IDE.

Are you using 4.51? Of course if you are still uning 4.0, then you have to manually specify the classpath no matter what, and it has to include installshield's jars and your custom beans.

No matter what version you are using, and no matter what is causing you to use a JVM with the wrong classpath to launch ISMP from the command line, if you are getting the wrong classpath, you could try specifying the classpath manually.

There is a file in the directory where you installed ISMP  called LAUNCH.txt and it describes how to specify the classpath when you launch a command line build.  With 4.51 you shouldn't have to specify the classpath. See if it works when you manually specify the classpath and be sure to include the directory with your custom beans.

I really think the problem has something to do with your somehow using a JVM with a classpath that doesn't include your custom beans when you are trying to launch ISMP do a command line build.

Anyone have any  idea what strange configuration of JVMs/installshield development environments could have been done to cause this?