This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disabling Install on Network Shares/Removable Drv

2 replies to this topic

Gwaldo

Gwaldo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 00:09

Hi. How do I disable the installation of an MSI onto network shares and removable drives?

Thanks,

Gwaldo

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 14:34

No replies yet!?!

I guess this would depend on the tool you use to author. I use a variety of the Wise toolset. In those, you can trap events like the clicking of the 'Next' button, for example. Maybe you could call a Custom Action or DLL function that could test for the drive type? There's any number of VB Scripts knocking around that could do that test for you and you could incorporate that into a CA.

I'm not sufficiently au fait with how that would work for an unattended/no UI install, though...
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 19:31

If you let the user select the destination folder using the 'standard' select folder dialog: One of the controls of that dialog can filter the drive types being shown.
If you want to add checks for users that enter an INSTALLDIR value on the command line, you should write Custom Actions doing these checks. If you schedule the check in the InstallExecuteSequence, you've covered silent installs too.