This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

remove unchanged files in a minor upgrade package

4 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 14:17

Hi,

I would like to distribute update online as a minor update.
To limit the volume of download, I would remove the unchanged files (replacing them with empty files?).
Is there a clean solution for this?

Thank you for reading

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:58

This is what patches are for. They only contain the difference between the old and the new msi files.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:41

My problem with creating a patch is that I have to manage a lot of products, each declined in numbers versions (pro, corp, ...). To create patches, I need to provide (and store) to installshield all old versions of each product. I prefer the solution of a complete setup used only to patch (minor upgrade). I can test it with the oldest and the most recent version.

That is why I'm looking for an alternative solution to not go through the patch creation.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:46

Stefan,

do you think I can use only the first pakage in previous setups list?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 15:20

lavocat, I don't understand your description of your problem. What does "manage a lot of products, each declined in numbers versions (pro, corp, ...)" mean?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul