This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Facing a failure in Administrative Extract of an installer file

1 reply to this topic

Gokul905

Gokul905
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:05

Hi,

I am facing an issue while performing administrative extraction of an msi file. I am using "msiexec.exe /a <msi file location> TARGETDIR = <extraction location>" command to perform the Administrative extraction. The msiexec.exe is throwing back an error, which reads "Error 1304. Error writing to file <file name>. Verify that you have access to that directory". 

I have cross checked several time for the access writes and things seems to be correct, as I am able to extract any other installer in the same location.

I know that the file name (mentioned in the error) is more than 255 characters of length. The Installation of this file is happening properly, but the administrative extraction of this installer fails with the above mentioned error.

Can somebody give suggestion, on how to extract the file out of the msi just using command prompt ?? (without performing an installation).

Thanks in advance :)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:31

Maybe the problem is the total length of the path: folders plus file name? So you could try with a shorter TARGETDIR.

If you need only this file particularly, you could try opening the msi with a tool like 7zip and extract the file manually.