This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dll missing when executing custom action

2 replies to this topic

xpsjppc

xpsjppc
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:30

Hi, all

I am using install shield12 Premier Edition, and I met a problem about dll custom action. I add a dll custom action(PlayerConfig.dll) by custom action wizard, which is ok, but when I run the installer on Vista, it pops up a message like "File 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PlayerConfig.dll' can not be found. Make sure the file is on target system or installed already.". I have tested on both Win XP and Win7, both are OK but only failed in Vista. Can anybody give me some hints that why installer cannot find that dll file?

Thanks in advance.
Roger

Edited by xpsjppc, 05 January 2010 - 09:33.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:14

When the message is displayed, did you verify the DLL is in the specified location? If it is, maybe a dependency is missing. Try loading the DLL using DependencyWalker on the failing machine. Did you test on a different Vista machine? On Windows 7, turn UAC settings to the highest position (so that it behaves like on Vista) and see if it still works there.

xpsjppc

xpsjppc
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:07

Thanks Stefan!! It's really the problem of PlayerConfig.dll. I use DependencyWalker to check that dll and find it's lack of there dlls, then I copy these three dlls into system32, and install vcredist_x86.exe(otherwise, from dependencywalker, it reports "side-by-side" problem), then re-run the installer, it can work well.

Thank you very much smile.gif