This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Not &MyFeature=3

8 replies to this topic

Lobo

Lobo
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2001 - 17:13

I was given this logic from IS support, but have not had it work yet. I'm trying to have a file installed IF a component is NOT installed. So user deselects feature A1 then I would install X file to show my app that A1 has been de-selected. I'm new to Installshield and could use any suggestions or ideas you might have. So far I've tried to add the logic to the feature's condition "Not &featurename=3" I'm assuming the logic should be in the condition of the Feature and not the component. thx  in  advance

DJamnik

DJamnik
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 11:12

Try to use "&featurename<>3".
For removing features from existing instalation you can use  "&featurename=2". It means that feature is assigned for removing (it works at my setup).
Maybe this approach can be used during setup to.

Darko JAMNIK, Slovenia

Lobo

Lobo
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 21:30

Thanks - but it didn't work

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
  • Full Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 18:25

The problem is, that the condition at Features and Components are evaluated at standard action CostFinalize, but this is run before InstallWellcome.

You can select Components after CostFinalize with API-Function MsiSetComponentState. This should be done in a CA after the dialogs.

Lobo

Lobo
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2001 - 20:19

Thanks...I've been trying the CA's. I figured from a previous article that I couldn't do the eval because the answer was always "no" the component is not installed.
I'll try to get a ca to do it.

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 August 2001 - 20:56

Martin's given you half the solution.  Your originally-stated problem was trying to detect if a feature had been de-selected.  MsiGetFeatureState() will return the selection state of a feature.  The 2nd arg is the feature name, and you don't have to use the topfeature\\subfeature notation, just give the feature name.  Checking the returned value in piAction will tell you if  feature A1 is selected or not, and then you can use MsiSetComponentState to select X file for installation.
 Which piAction values indicate that the feature is selected?
Valid states for a feature are determined by checking all components that are linked to the specified feature without taking into account the current installed state of any component. If any of these components have a value of IRSOPTIONAL in the RunFromSource column, or if at least one component is marked IRSTLOCALONLY and at least one other component is marked IRSSOURCEONLY, then both INSTALLSTATE_LOCAL and INSTALLSTATE_SOURCE are valid states for the feature. If all components are set to IRSLOCALONLY, INSTALLSTATE_LOCAL is the only valid state. If all components are set to IRSSOURCEONLY, INSTALLSTATE_SOURCE is the only valid state.
...so you need to check only the states that are valid for the particular feature.

(Edited by rflum at 4:36 pm on Aug. 1, 2001)

post2kc

post2kc
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 05:58

Hi,
I have been looking for the same solution. I need more information on the part where &FEATURE_NAME=2, Can someone tell me where to get the full details of the state number? eg:
&FEATURE_NAME=2, what does 2 mean
&FEATURE_NAME>3, what does >3 mean

Thanks.

KC

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 09:20

The possible values are described in Windows installer help. Search for "Conditional Statement Syntax" or use this link for online doku: Conditional Statement Syntax. Near the end of the chapter the values and there meaning are listed.
h.teichert-ott