This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Text Replacement

2 replies to this topic

Slipped

Slipped
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 15:33

Hello,

I'm using installshield 11, and I'm using the sql scripts functions. I use the text replacement feature to change some values in one of the scripts. I'm using a property to hold the replacement text, and it works fine if I set the property early in the sequence.

However, I need to set the property fairly late in the sequence (I can't set it any earlier). I set the property after RegisterComPlus. It seems like it converts the property early in the sequence, so if I set the property later, it doesn't pick up the fact that I've changed it (ie, it won't pick up the change in the property, and the replaced value will be wrong).

Is there any way I can update the value that it replaces to? I tried movign the ISSQLServerCosting action down after my own custom action that changes the property, but that doesn't seem to work. (I don't get an error but it still doesn't use the newest value).

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:37

You would have to move all the SQL related custom actions, not just the costing. Not sure if that would work at all.

Slipped

Slipped
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 21:26

Thanks, I think I moved them all, still doesn't work. Oh well.