This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Maintenance mode

2 replies to this topic

gingerbull

gingerbull
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 16:17

I'm afraid maintenance mode has me confused in IS developer 8. I have read various posts in this forum, most describing complicated processes to disable maintenance mode. Can someone cleverer than I tell me what (in the Developer UI) the 'General Information|Project Properties|EnableMaintenanceMode' is supposed to do? I thought that if I set this to 'no' then the IS dialogue offereing the options to Modify Repair or Remove would not show, and instead the application would simply uninstall itself (maybe with a confirmation yes/no dialogue. This does not seem to be the case. Oddly, some of my projects show this behavior, some show the Modify Repair or Remove dialogue, and I cannot see the difference between them. In all the EnableMaintenanceMode property has been set to no, and in none of them have I followed any complex procedure to remove anything from the sequence list, nor have I manually edited any of the MSI tables. I cannot explain why my projects do not all behave the same way, nor do I know how exactly to stop the Modify Repair or Remove dialogue from showing, which the behavior I want at this time. I don't mind doing it the complicated way if I can find out exactly how it should be done, but surely there should be a simple way, or am I expecting too much to be done for me?

gingerbull

gingerbull
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 14:09

Can nobody help me with this question?

MarkRose

MarkRose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 15:41

Hi,

I can't help with your question because I have the same problem. I'm just wondering if you had any luck with solving the problem?

Mark.