This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog Skin Color Change in Developer 7

Best Answer Stefan Krueger , 10 July 2013 - 21:38

If I recall correctly, Developer 7 didn't have a dialog editor, so you may need to edit the resource dll in Visual Studio. I'm sorry that I can't give you a detailed explanation as I haven't used Developer 7 for more than 10 years.

If you are starting a new project, I'd recommend buying the latest version, Installshield 2013 (aka version 20), and use the "Basic MSI" project type instead of "InstallScript MSI"

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

aakash.tiwari12@gmail.com

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01

Hi,

I want to change the Dialog Skin Color in Installscript MSI Project which is created on Developer 7. Is there any way to change the skin color of a Dialog.I have attached the Screenshot also where i want change

Edited by aakash.tiwari12@gmail.com, 08 July 2013 - 06:02.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 19:08

I don't think that Developer 7 already had the Skin concept. So you would have to write your own code for this. Or use a background image that covers the whole dialog, like on the Welcome and Finish dialogs.

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:51

I don't think that Developer 7 already had the Skin concept. So you would have to write your own code for this. Or use a background image that covers the whole dialog, like on the Welcome and Finish dialogs.

Thanks for reply @Stefan. Can you please provide me brief detail about background Image or any example like this,that would be helpful for me,because i am new bee to installscript Coding.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 21:38   Best Answer

If I recall correctly, Developer 7 didn't have a dialog editor, so you may need to edit the resource dll in Visual Studio. I'm sorry that I can't give you a detailed explanation as I haven't used Developer 7 for more than 10 years.

If you are starting a new project, I'd recommend buying the latest version, Installshield 2013 (aka version 20), and use the "Basic MSI" project type instead of "InstallScript MSI"