This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create a Shortcut with a checkbox/radio group

2 replies to this topic

SteveK

SteveK
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 18:02

I'm trying to install a component that contains a desktop shortcut if the user checked the checkbox or radio button.  InstallShield recommends using radio buttons, but offers no advise on how to accomplish this...  The radio group/checkbox has a property named SHORTCUT and it has a value of "clicked"(no quotes). The component is conditioned with SHORTCUT="clicked"(with quotes).  There is no entry in the Property Manager.  On installation no shortcut is created, regardless of the checkbox status.  If I put SHORTCUT in the Property Manager and assign it a value, the checkbox is checked, but places a shortcut on the system even if I de-select it.  Any ideas on how to get such (seemingly) easy thing done?    --Thanx in Advance--

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 21:51

Components are conditioned for installation during the CostFinalize action.  Is your UI sequence ending prior to that in the sequence tables?  You can get additional information on alternatives by reviewing the Condition section of the Component Table article in the Windows Installer SDK Help files or MSDN.

An alternative method that Microsoft does not mention is using a Custom Action based on a script file to install the shortcut.  We use this method in order to install shortcuts that reference a share that we create in another custom action.