This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

using property HELP!!

1 reply to this topic

csmba

csmba
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 19:07

I am using the windows installer that comes with visual studio 7.
i just want the simple stuff, I added in the installation the action of puting a shortcut on the desktop and start menu, however, I want to add a dialog box with checkboxes so the user can op-out from having the shortcuts. I managed to add a dialog box, but I can not manage to USE the property of the checkbox.
I thought that puting the condition "CBWANTSC" in the condition box of the desktop folder will do it, but it doesn't. I also not sure i should put the condition at all in the folder condition box, i would expect to put it on the file itslef, but the file itslef (the shortcut) has no condition box...

of course, I am also not sure that simply writing the name of the property like that is what I should do, but nothing else I write seems to work either (and it is a pain to check this thing cuase the only way I know how to check it is run the installation and see if the shortcut is there or not...).

help please.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 17:17

One way would be to put the shortcut in a separate component, then call the AddLocal or Remove control event for that component based on the user's selection. This is however not possible in VS, you would have to use Orca to edit the database tables, or buy a full featured MSI authoring tool.