This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Why can't I capture username and serialkey

3 replies to this topic

dannyb0y

dannyb0y
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 13:31

When I try to capture the setup of InstalShield Developer 7 I don't get the username, company and serial key. And the program will ask for the serialkey the first time the user starts the developer. I have tried to monitor it too, but I can't figure out what it is? does anyone know what to do?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 15:50

Are you talking about the setup of the Developer 7 tool itself? I believe it was created using the InstallScript MSI project type. Therefore you'd have to record a .iss response file.

dannyb0y

dannyb0y
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:48

I have recorded an iss, but the setup cannot run in silent mode, the setupprocess only run for a few seconds and after that it ends and nothing is installed.

I have modified the msi with userName and PIDKEY properties, but I think setup.exe does something to set the serial and username.

I have also tried to do a setupcapture usin wise packagestudio 4.5, everything except serialkey and username is captured.

Any ideas???

Edited by dannyb0y, 25 June 2003 - 06:48.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:09

Maybe the serial key is not recorded in the .iss. This may be the intention or an oversight by the setup author. there's nothing you can do in this case. I recommend you contact the vendor for advice (or upgrade to Developer 8 which uses pure MSI and doesn't require an .iss file)

On the other hand, maybe the serial key is not the real cause for the setup failure. Generate a log file to see where and why it aborts.