This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action Sequence

3 replies to this topic

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 17:38

Hi

I really don't understand the logic of the sequence of a CA.

My CA is only a test one which send a message. Moving the CA on the sequence sometime the wizard doesn't start saying it has been interrupted, moving the CA down the wizard start and finish but I can't see the message dialog. I really don't understand, who is so kind to explain please?

Rosario

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:20

What type of custom action is it? You may need to ignore the exit code if it's a exe that doesn't return 0.

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 17:30

Hi

It is just an InstallScript CA which simply send a message (a test CA).

For example I'd like to add a CA which check the requirements before the installation starts. If the target machine doesn't have the requirements then I'd like to send a message to the user and "abort"? "rollback"? the setup before the installation start. But I am not able to see the message whatever is the position of the CA.

Regards

Rosario

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 13:32

Stefan

There were 2 problems here. First of all I have to say I am using InstallShield.

The CA is in InstallScript. The first problem was that the CA was pointing to an old function name (which I removed but for some reason during the build I didn't have any error). The second problem was, as you said, that the return processing didn't ignore the return code and I didn't set any return code in my function.

Thank you

Rosario wink.gif