This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 6003 during uninstall

2 replies to this topic

cbermar

cbermar
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:41

Hello,

I have imported an old 6.3 project in X Premier and all seems to be fine. Its a multilanguage setup (english and swedish), uncompressed, which just calls 3 other setup.exe with LaunchAppAndWait. All goes fine, all programs installs and everything seems to work. But when i try to uninstall the main program imported from 6.3, i get the error 6003.

This is the KB page on www.installshield.com: http://support.insta.....<ATT:EMAIL_ID

After reading this entry, im sure its not cause 1 or 2 since the data1.hdr file is in place as well as user installing has admin privs. But cause 3 made me think, because looking in the professional engine install folder, the setup.dll is 0 bytes in size. But why? User had admin privilegies, no errors during setup. Why is this file 0 bytes?

If anyone stumbled upon anything similar, please let me know.

Regards,
Christer Bermar

cbermar

cbermar
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:23

Seems like just replacing the setup.dll with a real one (297kb) solves the problem. So one would need to copy this file during the setup, if uninstall should work. Question is why the installshield setup engine files arent installed correctly.

mismis

mismis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:08

I am having same issue. setup.dll I have is 317KB.
You said I have to get right one which is 297KB???

Where did you get a right file?