This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Internal Error 2945 & 1928 Registering APL TMP

4 replies to this topic

henphi

henphi
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 16:11

I'm using Windows 2000 SP3 COM+ Applications written in Visual Basic 6.0 (SP3?) I've already installed dozens of apps and exported the client MSIs and everything is fine. However, I'm having problems with one last app! Each time I run the MSI on the web server it finally complains saying 'Error registering COM+ Application. Contact your support personnel for more information.' It then uninstalls (although seems to leave some registry info behind!;)

I've followed Microsofts KB article Q223300 in order to activate MSI logging and have found the following in the log file..

Action 13:58:41: RegisterComPlus. Registering COM+ Applications and Components
RegisterComPlus: AppId: {E22C4CEE-CB39-4CF9-9BBA-7F8F0BE7867F}, AppType: 33, Users: , RSN: UKSOAPSG
DEBUG: Error 2945:  Installation of ComPlus App C:\Program Files\COMPlus Applications\{E22C4CEE-CB39-4CF9-9BBA-7F8F0BE7867F}\APL426.tmp failed with error -2146368511.
Internal Error 2945. C:\Program Files\COMPlus Applications\{E22C4CEE-CB39-4CF9-9BBA-7F8F0BE7867F}\APL426.tmp, -2146368511
Error 1928. Error registering COM+ Application.  Contact your support personnel for more information.
Action ended 13:58:59: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 13:58:59: Rollback. Rolling back action:

Can anybody tell me why the registration of APL426.tmp fails? I've searched the bulletin boards/web and can't find anything. Incidently this export works on an NT4 box but seems to fail on any WinXP or W2K box I throw it at?!

Many thanks
Phil

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 17:34

from the JSI FAQ web-site: http://www.jsiinc.co...2900/rh2945.htm

2945 » Error 2755.1632 when installing Adminpak.msi?

When you install the Windows 2000 Administrator Package from Start / Run or from a CMD prompt, you receive Internal error: 2755.1632,c:\winnt\system32\adminpak.msi.

The shortcuts may be installed but they generate errors like Temporary Directory is not found or there is not enough disk space.

To fix the problem, make sure that the Administrators group and the System account have Full Control on SystemRoot%\Installer and that Everyone has Read, Read and Execute, and List Folder Contents.

NOTE: You must clear the Hide protected operating system files check box to see this folder.

hope it helps...

henphi

henphi
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 15:40

Thanks for your help, but I've seen that article before and tried the suggestion (I've tried it again before replying now, but like last time the permissions for that folder seem to be correct.)

It also seems to be the case that this problem occurs on any machine I try to run the export on!! It's really weird, the MSI log file indicates that all my components are being registered correctly but the apl*.tmp file doesn't register with COM+!!

I may have to resort to calling Microsoft(!?) in on this one but any further ideas gratefully received.

Cheers
Phil

henphi

henphi
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 16:13

Well, it seems there's a solution - and it seems obvious now!!

It turns out that there were two Class IDs registered in the COM+ application against one Prog ID!! This meant the prog ID was visible in the component list twice when it can only really appear the once. It seems a bit weird that COM+ still allowed the export to work but it did and it seems that the Windows Installer is more stringent on checking these things and falls over.

To get round this I deleted the two prog IDs from the COM+ application, re-registered the component and added it again - this time it only appeared with one prod ID/class ID pair. This still leaves me wondering why there were two in the first place but I now have an export that works.

Philip2

Philip2
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 00:37

Is your component containing COM+ dll/exe set to "Extract at Build"?

currently unemployed