This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with LaunchAppAndWait I guess

11 replies to this topic

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:48

Hi,
I have the following script code doing the following

LaunchAppAndWait(JRE_EXE_NAME, commanLineForJRE, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

The above works fine and installs the JRE.

LaunchAppAndWait(EXE_FILE_NAME, commandLine, LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

What is happening is that when the above code is not being executed. I get a message with the following.

[COLOR=red]"Go To the Control Panel Configure System Components and Install"

NOTE: When I execute the same exe from command line passing the command line arguments, it works fine.

Could you one of you point out if there is something that I am doing wrong or is something to do with the system in which I am testing.

With Regards
Murali

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 17:24

Clear your temp folder and try again. I guess there's a setup.exe from some other install left behind in the temp folder.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 17:25

Also make sure you specify the full path to the setup you are launching.

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:25

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the information provided, well yes the full path is specified. About the temp folder did you mean windows TEMP folder of WINDOWS or some other TEMP folder. Could you please update me on the same.

With Regards
Murali

Edited by murali_s, 10 July 2006 - 06:05.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:56

Yes I mean the Windows temp folder 8as stored in the %TEMP% environment variable).

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:27

Hi Stefan,
No I dont find the file there. Could you let me know what could be the reason. Also please let me know if you need more information from my side.

With Regards
Murali

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:06

Hi Stefan,
This is what I am doing, inside the install script. I am installing the JRE in silent mode, then executing a java program after the JRE is installed. And then trying to install some setup.exe file, I am not really sure if the control even goes there, I get the message from Windows that "Go to the Control Panel Configure and Install Programs". Could you please update me on the same.

With Regards
Murali

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:51

Could you post the exact and complete text of the error message?

Please delete all files from your TEMP folder and try again. I suspect your setup might be launching some other setup.exe that's left behind in the temp folder.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:25

Not sure if it is available in your version of Installshield, but could you have JRE set as a prerequisite for your setup and installed by the setup.exe bootstrapper?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:11

Hi,
Not really, Because after the installation of the JRE, in the script I call a java program which is responsible for zipping and unzipping and it works fine. I have attached the error message that I get.

With Regards
Murali

Attached Images

• picture.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:48

Okay, this really looks like it is starting the Windows XP (operating system) setup. I bet there's something wrong with the path. Be sure to specify the full path to the setup.exe you want to launch. (You can post your LaunchAppAndWait script code if you want us to have a look at it)

Ozone

Ozone
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 20:41

It might be wise to change your working directory before you launch the program.
ChangeDirectory (WHEREMYPROGRAMISDIR);