This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Property not changed

4 replies to this topic

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:45

Hello.
I have a problem with a property which value is not proper set during installation. Let me explain my installation package:
I have configured a CheckBox in the last dialog SetupCompleteSuccess. The show attribute is set by a property (Let's call it SHOW_CB). This property is set in a Property table and has default value 0. During installation I have several checks which in case of error set SHOW_CB to 1.

The installation proceed with GUI in this steps:
- first the main dialogs are shown (InstallWelcome,...)
- then the installation is passed from client process to server process to do an actual installation. The property SHOW_CB is passed by passing it through SecureCustomProperties. During server's actions SHOW_CB is set to 1 (because of simulated error).
- finishing: dialog SetupCompleteSuccess appears (procedure return back to client process). The CheckBox is not shown mad.gif

I implemented some log features - exposing property value in a label in a dialog to show what is going on. I was surprised: the value of SHOW_CB was 0 even that in a log file was a record that SHOW_CB's value was changed from 0 to 1. But that was in a server process.

Can anybody know how to use a property which value is changed in a server process and use its changed value again in a client process (on the last dialog exposed)?

Thanks in advance,

Andreo

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 15:22

You can't pass properties from a deferred action back to your setup.

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 13:02

Thanks Stefan for answer. Infortunately, I'm changing SHOW_CB property value in an immediate phase of InstallExecute sequences - before deferred phase is started. That's why this behavior is so strange for me.

Edited by jamsek19, 10 April 2012 - 13:02.

Andreo

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 19:25

Oh, I think you can't even pass properties from the execute sequence back to the ui sequence.

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:34

Thanks Stefan for fast response.

My thoughts, that all properties are passed by values to related custom actions are confirmed.
I will refactored my installation package...

Thanks again.

Have a nice day,

Andreo