This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Urgent Question on RemoveExistingProduct

1 reply to this topic

jainakshat@gmail.com

jainakshat@gmail.com
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 18:41

We have a case where we want to run the RemoveExitistingProducts at two different places with in the same installed based on different condition.

i.e for example, if i am making version 5.3 full MSI installer of my product, in this case i want to run RemoveExistingProduct after InstallFinalize if we find either of 5.0 or 5.1 or 5.x(x<3) installed on the machine.
but if any previous major version of my product is installed on the machine (i.e Product version 4.x or earlier) so we want to run RemoveExistingProduct before InstallInitialize.

InstallExecuteSequence table does not allow to put any action twice ( even though i will be putting mutual exclusive condition on it).

do anyone know if we can achieve it by any standard way.
we dont want to write any CustomAction ( which does a DoAction).

I believe there should be some way, as it makes more sense to have RemoveExistingProduct if my updates are coming as full MSI installers, while for a Major version change upgrade, i will like to install it on a comparatively cleaner machine.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:03

You can't have RemoveExistingProducts twice in your sequence, and I don't fully understand why you would need this. If you really need it, you could create two different .msi files or maybe use a transform to modify the sequence number of RemoveExistingProducts.