This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copy files for each item

1 reply to this topic

daner06

daner06
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:06

Hi,

I use InstallShield 2009 Pro and I use a Basic MSI project.

I search the best solution to do this: In my installation, the user adds in a window a list of firms he wants to manage. He can add one or a lot de firms. But, for each firm a directory must be created with a pack of files (600) and a lot of directories inside.

How can I do that?

I have thought to do this:
1. I use the table DuplicateFile but how can I add the rows dynamically in this table and how can I add it?
2. I use a process C# dotnet in the Customs Action which copies the files and directories.

Do you have other ideas and which one is the best for you?

Thanks for your advices. tongue.gif

Best Regards.

Daniel Luxembourger

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 16:02

You can add table rows dynamically using Installer SQL commands. A sample can be seen in this article: "Using Dual ListBoxes as Replacement for a Multi-Selection ListBox" at http://www.installsi...stBox/index.htm (it dynamically adds rows to the ListBox table).

Aother option would be to leave this kind of configuration work (if it is) to the application itself during first start. Maybe your users would even want to add more firms later?

It also depends on whether you need to remove these files during uninstall.