This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1706

1 reply to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 08:05

Every time a customer is booting its Windows 2000 computer the windows installer is shortly starting and the disappearing. In the EventLog one can see, that he tries to install a component from a network drive which end with error 1706 (Source not available). The drive is mapped at startup and maybe it cannot be accessed at the time the installer is staring. This is not the main problem, the main problem is, that after this, the processes ikernel.exe and krnlwrap.exe are hanging in the task manager and cannot be shot down. This prevents every subsequent setup using InstallSkript from Starting with error 1306 (action startup returns error number 3).
Now the questions: Any ideas how to prevent the Installer to run at reboot (disabling the Windows Installer service didnt help) or how to stop the hanging processes ?
Thanks in advance

Barbara

skny

skny
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 13:03

Hi Barbara,
    Not sure how much you've poked around looking, but my first place to start would be the Registry. In particular, do a search for the Run, RunOnce, and RunOnceEx keys; I'm thinking they may point you in the right direction and you can find something that is either not necessary and can be removed, or at least find out where your problem is originating. Just a thought and where I'd start...