This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install at least n components?

4 replies to this topic

_nick_

_nick_
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 21:45

Is there a way given a feature list

Languages
---English
---French
---Spanish

to force at least one language to be installed?

Edited by _nick_, 06 May 2005 - 21:46.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:00

You will just need to check the feature states on the next button of the feature select screen.

&English=3 OR &French=3 OR &Spanish=3

You can then display a dialog on this control event condition.

_nick_

_nick_
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 13:04

That's what I'm doing now. It's a bit more complicated than the scenario that I had given so the code is more complex. I was hoping there was some kind of feature parent setup in msi that would allow you to say at least one feature child must be installed without having to use a ca.

Anthony Hughes

Anthony Hughes
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:33

QUOTE (luke_s @ 2005-05-26 00:00)
You will just need to check the feature states on the next button of the feature select screen.

&English=3 OR &French=3 OR &Spanish=3

You can then display a dialog on this control event condition.

Hi Luke,

I need to do something similar to this - i.e. detect which of 2 optional features have been selected so I canprompt the user for some more info - can you explain a little more what your solution entails?

Cheers
Ant

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 02:29

On the 'Next' button of the dialog, you will need to create a control event that has a condition of &Feature=3 (when the Feature is selected to install), and that opens a new dialog that allows the user to add in the extra information for that feature.

Does that make sense?