This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to find out which features where installed with a setup outside th

1 reply to this topic

MillionsterNutzer

MillionsterNutzer
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:21

Hi!

I have a .Net application that calls several msi setups for a user in order to simply the installation of a complex software (for example in addition to the actual software that the customer wants it also automatically installs an SQL server, licensing software and a log file reader). For this .net application it will not only be important to know if the product is installed, but also with what features it was installed.

Of course I could check the installfolder if specific subfolders and files do exist in order to determine which feature was selected, but this seems very cumbersome and unreliable. Is there an easy way to find out which features are selected for my installed software product from outside of the installer?

At first I suspected to find some information about the installed features in the registry, but could not find any hint there. On the other hand the installer itself knows what is installed and what not - but where is that information stored? Any ideas?

Regards

Ralf

I have to admit that this is a cross post from the flexera forum, but I did not get an answer there... :-(

MillionsterNutzer

MillionsterNutzer
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:52

One of the guys in the Flexera forum pointed me to the right direction, so I was able to solve the issue on my own:

https://community.fl...outside-a-setup

As this is a cross post maybe one of the moderators here might aswell delete this thread here?

Sorry...

Ralf