This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action problem

2 replies to this topic

lbvaughan

lbvaughan
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 19:07

I have recently taken over the job of creating and maintaining our Installshield exectuables and am in the process of creating a new version of one of the existing MSI projects.

In this project there is a custom action created ccalled DLLWrapStartup, which runs the DLLWrap.dll.

In the existing MSI the Install UI Sequence is set to After SetupCompleteSuccess, however this is not an option in the drop down on either the new MSI I'm creating, or even in the existing MSI, if I choose the drop down option the SetupCompleteSuccess is no longer available.

Is there a way to get the option to appear in the drop down, or through manual editing?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:08

I believe DLLWrap is a InstallShield provided custom action that is inserted automatically for you if you add a custom action of type "Standard DLL"

lbvaughan

lbvaughan
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 14:49

Ok, thanks that worked. I deleted the ones i created, and created a new Standard DLL using the wizard and it created the DLLWrap for me.